Maybe you'd like to wear ravishing red lips too, but you don't know how to
pick the right shade. Here are some tips for red, lush lips!
1) Consider skin tone and overall coloring. Choosing the right red means
knowing your skin tone. This means if you have warm coloring, you should find a
red with a golden or more brown undertone. A cool tone has more 'blue' tones.
2) Look at the shape of your lips. Thin or full, red can be worn! If your
lips are thin, opt for lighter shades of red. For those of you with fuller lips,
look for deeper, darker reds.
3) Look at the condition of your lips. True for any time or color, but with
red, which attracts so much glorious attraction, you sure don't want to have dry
or cracked lips! Lips do not produce oil like our skin, because they have no oil
producing glands. The skin on our lips is actually mucous membrane, so for them
to remain smooth and chap free is a bit of a challenge. Before you go to bed and
in the morning take a damp cloth and gently rub over all parts of your lips
until smooth to touch. Then a apply a lip moisturizer.
4) Lip Application Tips. Apply a very fine coat of loose powder first (helps
to avoid any bleeding & provides extra staying power!). Carefully line your lips
with a co-ordinated liner to keep the look focused and clean. Red makes mistakes
very obvious, so be extra careful when applying it. Be sure to blot so the extra
doesn't end up on your teeth!
5) Balance. Red lips will be the focus of your face, so make sure the rest of
your look doesn't compete with it. A little mascara and eye liner will keep up
the glamour without being overpowering.
6) Enjoy the attention! Red lipstick is not for those who want to blend into
the crowd, so be ready to get noticed. If you're not comfortable with an all out
red to start with consider wearing a red-tinted gloss as a way to ease your way
into it. But, I bet that you just might find you like the attention!